CSA Z662 Risk Management Task Force under the authority of the Technical Committee has been working on transforming Annex B into a more usable risk assessment tool. The revisions to CSA Z662-23 Annex B proposed by the risk task force including but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure clarity and consistency of concepts and definitions
- Provide improved guidance on the risk assessment process for performing a risk assessment and utilizing the results in decision-making
- Include quantitative acceptance criteria for both safety and environmental risks
- Incorporate As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) concepts
- Provide guidance on developing context-specific criteria – quantitative and qualitative
- Provide a stronger link to a risk management framework
In this session, a high level overview of these revisions will be presented, then a couple of operators who have been testing out the proposed quantitative safety and environmental risk criteria will be sharing their experience and learnings.
Who Should Attend?
This session should be attended by engineers, managers and service professionals who are involved with pipeline risk assessment and management.