ATTENDEE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
TECHNICAL INFO & SUPPORT
Banff Pipeline Workshop 2021 will be using web-based applications to deliver the event. The primary technologies being used are Zoom, Swoogo, and Vimeo. Those registering should be aware of the use of third party platforms as some organizations may limit access.
For a smoother website experience, change or update your browser to Google Chrome. Other browsers that work are Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. *Safari and Internet Explorer are not sufficiently compatible with the Event Site Platform*
The Tutorials and Working Group Sessions will be hosted on Zoom. For best results, download the desktop application (please note that you will be asked to create a new account). Zoom can also be accessed through a browser without creating an account, though features may be limited depending on the browser you use.
NEED TECH SUPPORT DURING THE WORKSHOP?
There is an IT representative ready to assist you throughout the event programming hours. All you have to do is click on the IT chat bubble in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen on every page of the event site except within the Networking and Sponsor booths.
You can leave tickets for technical assistance outside of programming hours that will be answered in a timely manner.
This allows notifications only throughout this event. They are imperative to your event experience and will help you navigate the event site and notify you when sessions/programming is happening. They will discontinue once the event has concluded.
BUILD YOUR PERSONAL AGENDA WITH “MY PROGRAM BUILDER” Enhance your experience at BPW by creating a personal daily agenda with our Program Builder. To utilize this tool, follow these steps:
- Visit the Program Builder page of the event website.
- Sign in and follow the instructions on the page to add/remove tutorials, working groups and/or social functions to your agenda.
- Click My Program Agenda to see your personal agenda and add reminders to your personal calendar.
EVENT SITE FEATURES
Find everything you need to move around the event in the navigation bar
To get to your sessions, go to the Program tab and see the Dropdown Menu for more details.
Please select Allow! Another notification message will appear thanking you for subscribing.
TUTORIALS & WORKING GROUP ZOOM ROOMS
- To access your session, click the JOIN SESSION button that launches you into the Zoom meeting, which can be found in these places on the event site:
- My Program Agenda page - find the session in your program agenda, click on it, and a pop-up window opens with the JOIN SESSION button
- Workshop Program page - find the session in the agenda, click on the session, a pop-up window opens with the JOIN SESSION button
- Go the the Tutorial or the Working Group landing pages, find the session in the index or in the agenda below, click on the session, if you are in the Working Group pop-up, you will need to select the session from the list, which takes you to a new pop-up window that contains the JOIN SESSION button to enter the Zoom room
- Utilize the Chat function in the Zoom sessions to engage with the hosts and ask questions
- Anonymous commenting is possible – simply locate the user named “Anonymous Comments” and send them a direct message with your comment. They are a neutral third party and will post it on your behalf.
- You can search for other attendees by name, company, or by working group topic
- You can network on the event site in one of two ways:
- “Connect” opens an instant messaging box, where you may talk one-on-one or create group chats
- “Schedule a Meeting” to have an in-platform video chat at a scheduled time, meeting appear on your “My Meetings” page
- Check out the Networking Lounge to see the schedule and join our networking social hours
- Remember to keep the networking page open as a separate tab in order to be available via the Networking instant messaging feature, the messaging is not available on any other page of the event site.
- You can search for sponsors based on their company name or by working group topic
- Dedicated virtual expo hall hours are listed on the Expo Hall page, where booth representatives will be present and available to chat
- Connect with booth representatives in their sponsor booth in one of three ways
- Instant chat
- Live virtual meeting room called “Video Chat”
- “Schedule a Meeting” with the rep of your choice
- Participate in our Expo Hall Contest! Visitors engaging in activity at our Expo Hall will be automatically entered into a draw for a chance to win a 2-night complimentary stay voucher at the Banff Center, that can be used anytime after the Centre re-opens on Sept 7, 2021.
- Each Expo Hall action (talking to sponsors, accessing sponsor content) is another entry in the draw, so take the time to stop by and say ‘hi’ to as many sponsors as you can!
ZOOM PARTICIPANT ETIQUETTE
BEFORE THE SESSION
- Be sure that your computer has access to Zoom, whether it is through your desktop application or a compatible browser
- All participants will have the ability to share their camera. We encourage you to use it to help further the "in-person" feel of the meeting!
- Be aware of your surroundings. Adjust your work setup so that you are exposed to plenty of light; but avoid backlighting that can create a silhouette and make it hard to see your face. This could be a good time to spruce up your background and have a little fun with your home office backdrop!
- We recommend checking your microphone and camera before you join your first session on Zoom, and troubleshoot any issues in advance.
DURING THE SESSION
- All session participants will be muted upon arriving to the session. During Q&A or open discussion, we ask that you unmute yourself only when you are speaking to prevent disruptive noises.
- Use the "Chat" section to ask questions. The moderator will be monitoring this feature and will address questions as time permits.
- If making a comment over video or audio, state your name so everyone knows who is talking.
- You will be able to send one-on-one chats (“direct messages”) to anyone in the session.
OFFICIAL BPW ATTENDEE ZOOM BACKGROUND
DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL BPW ZOOM BACKGROUND FOUND AT THIS DROPBOX LINK.
BANFF PIPELINE WORKSHOP 2021 SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
CHECK OUT THE OFFICIAL BANFF PIPELINE WORKSHOP 2021 SPOTIFY PLAYLIST.